Deepak Chopra, M.D.
“The Spiritual Laws of Yoga”
According to Indian philosophy, yoga is the system of gaining knowledge through direct experience. Yoga is a way to cultivate an inner state of centered awareness that cannot be disturbed by the inevitable turmoil in life. By tuning in to the sensations of your body, you can understand the workings of your physiology. By listening to your inner dialogue, you can understand the nature of the mind. By going beyond your body and your mind, you can directly experience your spiritual core.
On our show, Deepak and I discuss the benefits of yoga and what makes it a spiritual practice. In addition, you’ll learn specific ways to apply the ‘Seven Spiritual Laws’ not only to your yoga practice but also to your life. Here are some highlights:
- The Law of Pure Potentiality: At your core of your being you are pure awareness. This realm of pure awareness is the domain of all possibility. This space is cultivated in silence and the quiet spaces between our thoughts. Use the So-Hum Meditation practice to calm your turbulent mind.
- The Law of Giving and Receiving: The breath is the link between mind, body and spirit. When your life force is flowing freely, you are in natural alignment with generosity and receptivity. Learning to regulate your breath is a powerful technique of yoga.
- The Law of Karma: As we sow, so we reap. When you consciously choose actions that bring happiness and success to yourself and others, you reap the benefits.
- The Law of Least Effort: Do less to accomplish more. Yoga is the antidote to “no pain, no gain.” The more you accept the way things are and stop struggling against the moment, the easier life becomes. A yoga posture is demonstrated and a mantra given to help you achieve this.
- The Law of Intention and Desire: Your intentions have organizing power. If you want something to grow stronger in your life, direct more attention to it.
- The Law of Detachment: Learning to be open to what is happening rather than trying to control how things unfold. Enjoying the process and letting go of outcome. A yoga posture is shown which demonstrates how detachment and flexibility go hand in hand.
- The Law of Dharma: We were all born with a sacred purpose and unique talents. When obstacles to the flow of your vital energy are removed, you become capable of expressing more expanded aspects of yourself.
Yoga serves and nourishes us at every level of our being and spontaneously contributes to greater well being in all domains of life. Tune in to hear the wonderful Dr. Deepak Chopra share his wisdom, insights and practical applications to healing your mind, body and spirit.
About Our Special Guest
Deepak Chopra, M.D.
Time Magazine heralded Deepak Chopra as one of the top 100 heroes and icons of the century, and credited him as “the poet-prophet of alternative medicine.”
Mikhail Gorbachev said of Deepak Chopra that he’s “undoubtedly one of the most lucid and inspired philosophers of our time.”
DEEPAK CHOPRA, M.D. is acknowledged as one of the world’s greatest leaders in the field of mind/body medicine. He continues to transform our understanding of the meaning of health. Chopra is known as the prolific author of more than 45 books and more than 100 audio, video and CD-ROM titles, translated in 35 languages with over 25 million copies sold worldwide. His latest book co-written with Dr. David Simon is entitled “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga” is the topic of our show together.
Dr. Chopra is revolutionizing common wisdom about the crucial connection between body, mind, spirit, and healing. His mission of “bridging the technological miracles of the west with the wisdom of the east” remains his thrust as he conducts public seminars and workshops and provides training for health care professionals around the world. He is founder and CEO of the Chopra Center at La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, CA.
For more information go to www.chopra.com