Old traumas don’t die and they don’t fade away either. The past lives on in everything you think, feel, say, and do.
Most of us have a backlog of unprocessed, painful memories that we have tucked away in the recesses of our minds. You know, those painful wounds (feeling ignored, belittled, rejected, traumatized, abandoned, unloved) that you just don’t want to deal with. We want to believe that the “past is the past, let bygones be bygones.” Unfortunately, our unhealed, buried “stuff” clogs the arteries of our spirits and keeps resurrecting in our relationships and life choices until healed. The forgotten past may also contain some treasures waiting to be unearthed…. perhaps your passion, your curiosity and innocence, a lost trait or interest, that are waiting to be recaptured.
See if your PAST is controlling YOUR life. Take this simple test:
- Harbor guilt, gripes, or grudges from past relationship?.
- Feel plagued by thoughts like “If only I had…” or “I wish I didn’t….”?
- Think “Oh no, not again!” when personal problems arise?
- Are you afraid of rejection, disapproval, or abandonment?
- Feel ashamed of things you’ve done?
- Wish you could apologize to someone you’ve wronged and be forgiven?
- Feel victimized by past experiences?
- Wonder why life hasn’t turned out the way you wanted?
- Feel anxious or depressed about your future?
- Seem to be less happy as time goes by?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you’ve come to the right place. There are specific things you can do to heal the pain of your past and create a vibrant, full life for yourself. Learn how to give to yourself a present of your presence. Watch “Healing Your Past” as Dr. Harold Bloomfield and Sheri Gantman discuss the essential steps you need to take to heal the past and create a more optimal future. It’s time to make peace with your past!
Often in relationships, we allow ourselves to get emotionally flabby and don’t work as hard as we could to maintain intimacy. For love to grow, there must be a solid foundation of safety and trust. This show is about teaching you practical strategies and simple love fitness exercises that can help you prevent problems, revitalize and strengthen a long term relationship, as well as, deepen the experience for those newly in love.
In addition to our discussion, you will see demonstrated practical, powerful exercises designed to create more peace, passion and fulfillment in your love relationship and in your life.
- The key to sharing feelings, desires, and difficult emotions in positive, constructive ways.
- Hearing and accepting a partner’s anger, hurt and criticism without becoming defensive.
- The three magic words that can help you to really connect with one another.
- Heart Talk agreements. Clearcut rules that are the groundwork to opening up to intimacy and improving sexual communication.
- The heart-to-heart communication that is necessary to keep love vibrantly alive.
A relationship crisis can be an opportunity to break through to a new level of growth. Tune in to learn some essential skills to making your relationship last and creating a life filled with loving and being loved.
About Our Special Guest
I was introduced to Harold’s work and became a big fan of his after reading “How to Survive the Loss of a Love.” Dr. Bloomfield’s appears regularly as an expert on national television shows including Oprah, 20/20, Good Morning America and CNN. To contact Harold Bloomfield, please visit his website @ www.HaroldBloomfield.com